Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Zigzag gone Shackles

I'm seriously considering changing Zigzag's name (Zigzag is my German Shepherd for those of you who just tuned in) to "Shackles".  Whenever I put her on leash these days, she drags behind me like I'm taking her to slaughter. Suddenly I miss the days of her short stopping me every five steps.

She's still good ol' "Zigzag" off leash, though. She just loves to take the lead and then low-clothesline me as she stops abruptly to sniff something delicious. Thanks to her, I have come close to many a face-plant.

But, I'm not much better off if she hangs out behind me either. She sometimes grabs a huge branch, runs up from behind, and does a reverse low-clothesline with the branch, striking me at full speed behind the knee. She hasn't taken me down with that technique either, but it sure hurts!










No comments:

Post a Comment